"Advocates of insight endow it with pseudomedical properties: Insight, like medicine, cures. Actually, insight doesn't cure anthing; it's something through which cure occurs." - Nichols (Family Therapy)
From my experience, when I've gained a little more insight on my situation, I feel a deep sense of empowerment. The insight that I gain helps me to think differently, which ultimately helps me to feel differently about certain situations or life circumstances. This is much easier to do in some situations than it is in others. While I have been able to act on my insight on some things, I have failed to act on it within the context of other situations in my life. I'm still working on it, and I know that if I can get there, I will be able to experience a much more balanced sense of self. I already feel much more balanced now than I did a few years ago...even though there is lots of room for improvement, the insight that I have acted on thus far has allowed me to take responsibility for my own happiness and balance. Processing the emotional turmoil that I experienced in the past will always be a life long journey. I think I'm addicted to the feelings of empowerment that I get as I reflect on my experiences and act on such insights. Yup, I'm addicted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment